Friday, August 6, 2010

The end of a love affair

Beaches, mountains, deserts, diversity, energy, raging technology, beautiful people; what doesn't California have to offer? I have never had slightest inkling of not wanting to live here, raise a family here and really deepen my roots. I thought it was pretty cool that a good majority of people are envious of those that get to live in this paradise.

How the tables have turned.

I would KILL for an opportunity to move away from this way of life that has sucked me dry. I have NO desire to raise my kids here or continue building my life here. The school system is completely out of whack. I'd love to homeschool my kids and here every narrowminded, ignorant person on the planet crawls up my rear about ME doing what I believe is best for MY kids. Get off my back, sheep. There's a sexual offender around ever corner. Don't believe me? Just check this out. The morale of society as a whole is going out the window. Gay marriage? Wake up, Californians!! People rarely are taking time for the important things, everyone here is on the go or not on the go, actually. They're spending 2-4 hours in traffic every day. Not cool. I'm just over it.

I wanna live in the country with sprawling plains and have a porch with rocking chairs in the front of my huge Ranch house, which probably have cost half of what a shack will cost us here. My kitchen will be giant with open shelving with a modern country feel. When you walk into my home it will smell amazing, be so inviting and you'll never want to leave. I won't have to worry about my kids getting snatched from my front yard. I definitely hope I would develop an accent. My husband's every day attire would be snug fitting Wranglers and boots. He'll drive a big truck that always has mud on the tires.

I would give up everything here for me and my family to go live like this. This is my new paradise. I am honestly going to be praying that God can provide an opportunity for us to move. It's kind of odd actually. Those words could have never left my fingers 2 years ago, the thought af moving away from my hometown scared me to death! And now it would be the most thrilling adventure ever.

Matthew 7:7
Ask and it be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be open unto you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree....I don't want to Raise Noah out here. I've wanted to move out of state for awhile...just not sure which state. LOL After reading your blog I am convinced 1 of 2 things needs to happen...
1-you take us with you & we rent the west wing of this huge Ranch house that sounds so dreamy
2-I go & get my own ranch style house & find me a husband in wranglers with mud on his tires...not bad!
He he

Shann said...

I agree too! I work in the school system and I wouldn't want my children to be apart of it. I would LOVE to home school my own kids (if I have kids). It would be so fulfilling to know that your children are learning exactly what they need to learn and getting the attention and help that they need. There is a certain population in CA that sucks away A LOT of time from the teachers (and most are not paying taxes). I would totally move out of state... not alone though.

I'm moving with you and Erika!

PS Mud + tires = sexy!

Sarah said...

You should move to Northern California! We have ranch houses overlooking agricultural fields, muddy truck tires, wrangler butts, and front porch rocking chairs.

Stacey said...

Your description of your perfect house and life sounds amazing! I'm a fan of men in wranglers and cowboy boots too.. You've really got me thinking now.. What's my dream place to live??? hmmmm

Unknown said...

Move to AZ with me. I could use the company.