Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bruce

Maya Angelou said "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"

I didn't know Bruce very well. He is my Dad's father-in-law, Yi's Dad. Him and his wife Lucy are the sweetest people you will ever meet. They have made my sister and I feel so welcome into their home and into their family. The couple times I had been to their home, they were so hospitable and Bruce made my sister and I a cup of coffee. Coffee is the way to our hearts =] He showed us around his garden and let us take home whatever fruits we wanted to. I have never seen a man eat as much as this mad could put away. When all of us were more than done with our food Bruce would be heading back in to get his 4th and 5th helpings. It was rather amazing. He was also very funny. Sometimes we'd be sitting there at a bbq and he would be cracking jokes, but it was hard for us to understand him sometimes so we would just look at each other confused, but he'd be chuckling across the table and that made us chuckle. They are EXTREMELY generous and welcoming people and that will definitely not be forgotten about Bruce.

Yesterday after their car accident, they were air-lifted to the hospital. Bruce sustained too much trauma and if he survived his injuries, would still be brain damaged and in persistent vegetative state. The family decided they will not keep him on life support. Lucy's injuries include a concussion and whiplash and she will be ok, except she has to go home without her beloved Bruce. Bruce loves the Lord and will definitely be in heaven. Please keep Lucy and the rest of the family in your prayers.

No comments: