Friday, September 17, 2010

My garden has come to fruition!

And so it begins...my garden, that is...

Nana and I went to Armstrong's nursery in Yorba Linda today to pick up a tree that will be a gift for my Dad & Yi in honor of her father who is a very passionate gardener. I say 'is' because he is still gardening, I'm sure of it, only in heaven. Bet that garden is AH-MAZING.

Since we have moved to Linda's we have had great intentions of starting a garden and today was the perfect opportunity to get started. I'm a smart girl, but when it comes to gardening, I'm quite ignorant. I really enjoyed the nursery. I totally thought I had to buy seeds and start from scratch, but nope, they have the plant in little cups all ready to go for you! SWEET! I bought some compost and some sort of round wired supportive thingy for my tomatoes. Just give me time, I will have the 411 on this gardening stuff. When I'm ready to invest a little more money, I want to get a compost pile going. I've been researching it a little. If you have any tips, I'm more than grateful to hear them.

So far in the garden we have tomatoes and artichokes,


basil, rosemary and thyme,


and a berry basket!


This mad me soooo happy. I think I am going to love this! To just be able to go out into the backyard and pick what I need, thrilling! Eek! I will keep you posted on it's progress!

Going back in time a little bit, we got to see Uncle Matt this week! Uncle Pat is also here for a month while his foot heals. Not sure how much we'll see hime since he's planning a wedding and all! The girls are going to be flower girls, it's gonna be a blast! Congrats Pat & Katie!

Anyhow, Uncle Matt flew out to pick up a car to drive home. It just so happened to be his 25th bday on Monday and I made Edna Mae's sour cream pancakes (from PW cookbook) for everyone, but of course I added chocolate chips. And we met them for lunch at Miguels. I'm so grateful that even with Matt living in Arizona, our bond as family just gets stronger. And the girls just adore their Uncle Pat even though He's in Texas. When I told Madison we were gonna get to see him, first thing out of her mouth was, "is his foot feeling better?" How sweet is she? She totally remembered and she hadn't even seen him since he had injured it. Nate and Erin were able to come out a little bit this last weekend, too. Unfortunately we never did get everyone in the same place at the same time, but it was still good to see everyone. Madison took the pic with nate and erin in it. Photography skills are shaping up!





Rewind a leeeeetle bit more and you can see my delectable chicken pot pie. I hope this picture is worth a 1000 words because it was GOOD. PW's recipe is to DIE for! I used my own recipe for crust though, because in my humble opinion, my crust is bomb :) I may try hers in the future.




That is all for now...pretty sure every little excerpt of my blog had food in it...yep. Must be this whole cutting back what I'm eating thing...it's getting to my head and all I think about is foooood. HA!

No comments: