Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wait, Lord! Ok, hurry up, take me home!



I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE worship music. And I loved that I just added a video to my blog. Go Me!

Philippians 1:23
I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far

So, are you ready for the Lord to come back? Do you want the Lord to come back right now? I know, it sounds like a strange question. But maybe you are like I used to be. "Lord, just WAIT til I can drive, I reallllyyyyy wanna drive." Then it was, "just let me get married, just let me nail down my soulmate then were good, all squared away!" Then it was, "Just let me have babies, lots of babies." And I'm sure I thought of things from there to keep the Lord's return at bay. BUT, I've changed my mind. It could definitely be slightly because I knocked out most of my prerequisites for the Lord's return...cuz he is totally on MY schedule, dontchaknow? lol Ok, but seriously I wanted to live an amazing life and the Lord return when I'm 90 something so I dont have to die, because death for some reason sounds terrifying to me. Not because of the actual dying part (although I'm not a huge fan of it), but the unknown and pain for my loved ones. Those thoughts are more than I can bear.

Ok, so I didn't mean for my blog to take Highway Dark & Twisty so we'll get back on track. My original point is that at the ripe old age of 25, I'm ready and I would be ecstatic for his return. And it's not because I hate my life or am miserable, I love*:*love*:*love my life. I love my husband, my babies, my family, my friends, my church family, our business. I love it alllllll! Everyday is a new opportunity, an adventure, a learning experience....it's NEVER boring or stagnant, I dont even understand the words or know the feeling of "I'm bored". I'm honestly just ready to meet my maker and spend eternity with those I love, praising my awesome King who saved me and all of mankind. To never have to go through the stress of seeing the raising of my kids all the way through, to have to see them suffer or experience pain in any way, shape or form, to never have to worry where they are late at night or what they are doing, well that just sounds AMAZING. I love my life and I know heaven is going to blow this life out of the water!

There are some "downsides", for lack of a better term, for the Lord's instantaneous return. I may not get see some of the earthly joys and triumphs of my pookies, but even that I know wont hold a candle to heaven. I guess the biggest drawback is that not all of our family and friends are saved. And even though we'll be in heaven and will feel no pain, they will feel horrific pain, darkness & loneliness. It will be their worst nightmare to the 10th power. Knowing that now gives me great sadness, but also spurs me on to be more bold in sharing Christ's love with others through the gospel message or however the Lord leads. Not always easy, tho. Many of the people you come across, unfortunately, have made very sure, vehement rejections of God's love, grace and forgiveness and chose their eternal destination. So many we know that were even brought up in truth, but over time the world won them over and the light goes out. It's heart breaking, but the Bible says in Matthew 12:30-32

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad. Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

I'm going to go off on a tiny bit of a tangent and say that if you have walked away from the truth there is only one major reason why. It's not because you dont like rules or stopped "believing", there may be a handful of you that that was the case, but I believe all really boils down to is you lost sight of God's unfailing love for you. You didn't draw near to him in an intimate way so he could draw near to you. You didn't sit and really think about what he did on that cross for YOU. And me. He knows you, he formed you in your mother's womb, he knows how many hairs are on your head & the thoughts in your heart. The Guy KEEPS YOUR TEARS IN A JAR FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD. He love's you so so so so so much that he gives you the freedom to love him back or not. He's not going to make you, oh but if you do - Watch Out! Amazing things will start to happen and you will have his peace, love, grace, mercy, forgiveness. He's gonna be there for every joy & triumph, but also for every pain and struggle. You will NEVER be alone again. And when you fall madly in love with your Creator, you too, will be aching for the day you get to see him face2face and fall on your knees in worship and thank him for his Son and his love and forgiveness.

Romans 10:13 says "for he who calls on the name of Lord will be saved."

Call on Him, don't delay, because the Lord may not either. We do not know the day or the hour of his return or if we will even live another. And trust me, you dont want to live another second without him, anyway!

No comments: