Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shopping Excursion & miniature update (clever title, dontcha think?)

Went out on Monday to get a dress for Pat's wedding and to spend my Nordstrom gift. Got the dress, didn't spend the gift card. I realllly wanted the new Pink Sperry's, but Matt Wandel confirmed that they did indeed look goofy on my feet, so I left them there.

Fast forward to Tuesday. I decided to hit the Nordstrom Rack in Chino. DUH! Why didn't I think of this before?? I find the most AMAZING treasures at the Rack. This time I happened to find ONE pair of tan Sperry's in the 64 racks of size 8 shoes (not exaggerating, ok maybe a tiny, but 8's definitely outnumbered all the other sizes put together). Call them old lady shoes if you must, but I love them.




And of course they were $20 cheaper bc were at the Rack! So yay, my gift card can now stretch to include a top as well! Woo! So I tried on quite a few, but the winner was this one, a cute knit buttonable (new word alert) vesty thing. If someone knows the correct term for this garment do share, otherwise, thats what were callin it!




There was one more shirt I loved, but they only had it in a large and I was swimming in it, but I HAD to have it. I was in LURVE! Since I believe in miracles, we went up to the checkout and asked if they had this shirt at another Rack. Then the heavens opened and the cashier said in her heavenly voice they had one in a small at the Ontario Mills Rack. HALLELUJAH! We hopped in the van, grabbed us some Chick-fil-a and headed to Ontario. At this point in the blog I'd like to thank my husband for driving all over Creation for this shirt I HAD TO HAVE. You are theeeeee BEST!! When we got there, the kids and husband went to the Rainforest Cafe to see all the goodies and I was on a mission! I found the shirt almost immediately!! YES! THEN, I found it in green as well, but I was good and only bought the one color I set out for. I cannot confirm nor deny I will go back for the other color at a later date... Here's the little beauty. May not be your cup of tea, but it's sooooo cute and flowing and will look awesome with leggings or skinny jeans and I heart the spring color!


I would love to take part in WIWW (what I wore Wednesday) LOVE her site and LOVE seeing your guys' concoctions of outfits, but I just dont think I'm diligent enough and I have a very similar 'mom' look most days that will not excite most people. We'll see.

In other news, our Van is almost paid off!! SOOOOOO looking forward to NO car payments!! Hopefully no later than the end of February. $2500 left! I have had a car payment since I was 17 and Josh has since he was 19. We've been able to make major strides last month and this month. Then we will slowly, but surely conquer the student loans. God has truly provided and blessed us in our business! January & February are typically the slowest months for us, but we've been blown away by the growth we've had this month and our customers that are ridiculously awesome and loyal. You all are AWESOME and so appreciated. Thank for all your prayers, too. We couldn't do any of what we've been able to do without the Lord keeping his hand on us and opening doors.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

So excited to see your business taking off! You guys definitely deserve the blessings :)

Shorty said...

Congrats on all of the new successes!!

Love the new tops and shoes! My husband can't get enough of his sperry's aka boat shoes. I don't have a pair but think they'd be super fun for summer. :)

Priscilla said...

@Vanessa - thank you!

@Shorty - my husband loves his, too! I got him a tan pair for Christmas. It's so funny how some brands have been around for forever and then blow-up!