Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Unexpected Blessing

I have definitely been feeling a little down still about not being in our own home, especially w/ the holidays coming quickly upon us.  As we drove home from dinner, I pondered: Am I just being materialistic and ungrateful for what the Lord has blessed us with? Don't get me wrong, I know I'm blessed.  We have someone who has opened their home to us, healthy babies, a growing business, an amazing church family, and wonderful family and friends.  We moved out of our own home into other's thinking we'd be in our own house in 6-8 months. Wrong. God has changed our game plan a few times and here we are almost 2 years later. :(

Tonight our friend Rob stopped by and shared some stuff that really humbled me and encouraged me.  Josh and I were both super blessed by the time and conversation with him.  There is something about talking with fellow believers about God's word, reading scripture, praying together, just having Christ as the foundation of a friendship that brings so much joy to my heart.  God continues to surround us with more and more godly friendships. Priceless.  

No comments: