Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 thoughts

Looking at all the pictures from 9/11, it still seems surreal.  It makes me ill how many innocent people died that day and even more ill thinking about all the firefighters that ran INTO that building, no clue it would come down.  If only they could have just evacuated it, but it is what it is and here we are 10 years later.  I still bawl like a baby watching the replays of the attacks, hearing the stories.  Gives me great joy and relief that this September 11th Osama is no longer walking this earth. I'm so proud to be an American and I'm so grateful for all men and women who have served our country in any way, shape and form.  And thank you to President George W. Bush for not being a coward in the wake of terror, you are one of the greatest this country has ever seen. Words cannot express.

Thank You.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I concur. Also a big fan of GWB... I saw a 9/11 special compiled of interviews with him and footage from the day and the aftermath... I always liked him, but he handled that tragedy with real grace.