Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Something I found encouraging when I feel completely discouraged

"When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives, my brothers, don't treat them as intruders, but as friends. Realize that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance. . . . you will find you have become men of mature character, men of integrity, with no weak spots." (James 1:2-4)

I found this to be really appropriate and encouraging today. Sometimes, I just flat out dont understand why things happen. It's hard not to react to certain situations the way our flesh wants us to and lash out. In my frustration, I just stopped and said 'Lord, it's in your hands, I'm not going to cry anymore, I'm not going to worry about. I'm not sure why you're letting me be let down like this, but I am going to have faith and trust and just leave it to you." I'm not gonna lie, if anyone knows me - you know how hard it is for me to leave something alone and not want to try to fix it or figure it out. 23 yrs later, I've realized only God can fix most things and only he knows why they are going on at the time. It would have been so easy for me to lose my cool and completely blow my witness, but instead I committed the situation to God. Perhaps the Lord is just teaching me to guard my heart which I seem to let people constantly walk in and out of, or maybe there is a bigger purpose behind it. Who knows? He does and that will just have to be good enough for me, as hard as that is to accept. I want to be molded and shaped by God and I want to be a woman of integrity. I'm a work in progress...

No comments: