Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Juicing, Day 1

I was going to do a post leading into today, but I didn't have time so here we are on Day 1 of juicing. Our Pastor let us borrow his documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." Pretty self-explanatory, right? Check out the link to hear more about Joe's story. I decided that I would like to do the 10 Day Juice fast. Not so much for the purposes of weight loss (although I wont complain if I lose a few), but more just to reboot my system and do a cleanse. The juice isn't as heinous and I was anticipating it was going to be and I'm just about finished with my morning glass. I already miss coffee that's for sure. Feels good knowing I'm putting some super healthy nutrients into my body tho. It's probably going to go into shock. I bought the Juiceman Juicer at Target last night. It looks like this:


The recipe for the juice is:
1 cucumber
6 Kale leaves
1/2 a lemon
4 celery stalks
2 green apples
1 piece of ginger

Bottom's up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're my hero & I want to detox too! Did you gag? I'm so intrigued & team cleanse the system fo sho. I need a cleanse too. But I'm worried in training I would likely collapse lol

I've heard great things about that movie. Was your juicer expensive? It looks expensive haha...I thot you got one on CL no? I'm going to be cheap & use a blender.

"Bottmoms up" haha luv that

Stacey said...

Good Luck!! 10 days of nothing but juice?? I'd die.. hahahaha.. Keep me posted on how this goes :)