Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I ain't no quitter...


...however, I am also not a 'juicer'. My last sips of my lunch juice were pure torture to get down my throat. I don't know how anyone does that for 10 days, let alone some 30 or 60. BLEH! So I took my juicer back to Target and had me some Gina's Pizza then headed to Disneyland with the family. That sounded way more appealing than choking down one more of those heinous drinks and feeling like I could kill someone at any given second. I. Needed. Coffee. Yep, I'm weak and addicted to food. Oh well, at least I'm honest.

I am definitely feeling challenged to start cooking healthier meals for the family, although when I cook, they are pretty decent. I use lots of ground turkey and we eat poultry and veggies, but I want to fins a cookbook with healthy recipes for kids that I sneak some micronutrients into stuff that tastes good to them. My little Levi is hooked on Almond Milk and will hardly touch the regular stuff. My girls will drink it, too, but don't care either way.

In other bits of news, Madison's first week of school was awesome. She loves it and I LOVE that it's only 3 days a week.

We also bought a truck this weekend. Hooray! We've been sharing one vehicle for almost 3 years. It's been rough. We named her 'Ruby' and she's Fab.


That's it for today. Ignore my last post. That was very impulsive. Usually, I'm very aware of my limitations, clearly I was a little overzealous. We're just gonna pretend it never happened. Back to my cup of coffee. G'night! xoxo

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Hahaha overzealous?? I told you before I give you alot of credit because i'd die.. At least you tried.. Cheers to a cup of coffee.. Drink up sista!!

Crickit said...

We have tried the juicing thing at our house years ago too. It didn't fly so well here either.

Your kids are adorable and congrats on your new purchase. The name "Ruby" is perfect!

Shann said...

At least you tried juicing to know you don't like it! I would love to juice veggies and fruits and drink it a few times of week, but not replace food!

Glad that Madison had a great first week!!

Anonymous said...

I love Stacey's comment lol Cheers from me too!! I too give you credit, that's 2 meals of juice I couldn't have done. I'm glad you had Gina's, fun at Dland & coffee :) I'm with you on finding a cookbook with recipes kids will dig too! Chicken Pot Pie is always a good one! And Noah likes hot dogs wrapped in cresent rolls, so I get the nitrate free ones at Traders.

Priscilla said...

oh, I make a BOMB pot pie, but the calories are off the hizzle. It's out of PW's cookbook and I use my own secret family crust recipe...I am def gonna check out those corn diggity dogs.

Ashleigh said...

Glad that you tried it! I still would love to try it! And I'll take some Pot Pie when you make it! :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Well at least you tried, right?