Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The "D" word

There is a subject I just feel the need to vent on. I've wanted to blow up my blog many a time on this subject, but I knew it would just not be pretty. Even though there is NOTHING pretty about this subject. Divorce. I am SO disgusted with it. Honestly, can selfish people who aren't willing to change and serve their spouses please just stop getting married? And if you do get married, please do not reproduce. First of all, divorce is not pleasing to the Lord. Period. You can just log onto facebook and see that someone who was married for half a second is now back to using their maiden name and their marital status has disappeared. What is going on? It seems like so many people get married, then say "oops, just kidding." And it was like it never happened. Huh?? Are we that flippant when we take our vows? I'm sorry when did "til Death do us part" turn into "til I am too lazy to try." I'm honestly flabberghasted when I see 2 people who CHOSE not to be committed to each other split up, do as they please and then continue to make their children jump through hoops. Hoops on the holidays, hoops on special occasions, hoops hoops hoops. You'd think the hoops end at 18. Not so much. I so wish I could just splatter my rage all over this blog so you could get a taste of how abhored I am by Divorce and the continual pain it causes, but we'll keep it to a minimum. Then you have situations that just come along and rip off the scab that you've worked so hard to begin to heal and they press a truckload of salt to it. Seriously? I URGE, BEG, PLEAD with you, parents, work on your marriages. Make them a priority. Marriage isn't a walk in the park for anyone, but you will totally be blessed by staying committed and putting the effort in. You may get a divorce and come out alright eventually and think your kids will just bounce right back or it wont affect them or it will be better this way or they wont remember, whatever it is you tell yourself, that may not be the case. I know some situations can be inevitable or what's done is done. If that's the case: be sensitive to your kids, not spoil them. Make them a priority. You have double the work cut out for you as a single parent. When they are adults, don't act entitled over their time because we now have 27 different families to accomodate on special occasions and holidays. My heart hurts so much EVERY time I see or hear of a couple splitting up and even more so when there are kids. I know God has a plan and a purpose for everything and I can even see blessings that have come out of my own parents divorce, but even at 25 years old there are some things that are just a struggle that 25 year old with married parents wouldn't have to deal with. I know the Lord is using these things to refine and mature me. I pretty much can't stand it with a royal passion, but I DO want to pass the test and I do want to be refined and molded more into the woman that the Lord has created me to be. How else could our faith really be tested or could we be molded if we weren't put into certain situations or certain people weren't placed in our life? I know one aspect of this learning process for me is that our heavenly father isn't going to let us down, or put us last on his list or remarry 6 times or only get to see us every other week. Nope, he's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He died for us which pretty much sums up where we stand on his priority list and he is ALWAYS there. Easy to say, hard for me to constantly remember and stand on in times of discouragement and sadness. Just so you know this blog took a total right turn, thought it was just going to be a venting sesh, but it ended up bringing up promises I know, but don't always stand on. I do, however, know the more I get to know Him and the more time I spend with Him, my Jehovah Shalom, I am filled with joy, contentment & peace. I know things are still going to come and Rock me, and I know I just need to get back on my knees. Notice, I said "I KNOW" I need to do this, I didn't say I actually do it everytime I should. This week has definitely brought about some aggravating challenges that have rocked my spirit. Little Bit. I don't understand some of it, but I don't have to. I know I have a long ways to go, but it is comforting to know I have come a little ways, too, by the grace of God. I'm glad He's patient with me. :/

No comments: