Friday, February 4, 2011

Rina

I can't stop dreaming of my dream house. It's beautiful and perfect. I knew the second I walked in, it had my name all over it. I've been praying for my dream house. I pray 2012 is the year we move into 'Rina'. That's what we'll call her. We went to visit her 2 weeks ago. I sat on the couch and I envisioned how I would decorate, how it would scream "WELCOME! COME IN! ARE YOU HUNGRY, THIRSTY, TIRED? GREAT! YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!" I envisioned our church family coming over for small groups or home studies. Having our kids birthdays there and growing up. The kitchen is to DIE for. I could almost smell the turkey and fixings I'd make on Thanksgiving and Christmas! Did I mention the kitchen??? Amazing.

I know we are right where God wants us and when I think about all the things we are doing right now, it makes sense why it has panned out this way, but I do still get down sometimes that we are not in our home, but we will be soon enough and I can be patient because God's plans are so much more awesome than our own and I'm trusting Him.

This is a rather short blog, but I just wanted to get that out there because I think and pray about it often. And one day I can look back on it and smile. I love keeping note of all the times God has come through for us, blessed us, heard our cries and reponded. Just this morning in Bible study, the Lord spoke so clearly to me about something I had been praying for wisdom and discernment for. It almost brought me to tears because it was such a great reminder that He hears me and He is responding and He loves me.

We serve such an Awesome God.

2 comments:

Candice Brouillette said...

amen. ill keep Rina in my prayers for you and your family :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get Rina soon!
XO